Monday, October 21, 2013

REVIEW - Uniquely Unwelcome by Brandy Nacole


Uniquely Unwelcome
by
Brandy Nacole
 
 


 
Being unique isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

After searching all over the world for someone as unique as she is, Racquel finds herself back in her home town where she’s treated like a monster ready to kill. Racquel is one of the most unique beings ever created. Four of the most powerful beings in the Shadow World are intertwined within her, making up her unique DNA. But no matter how unique her bloodline is, she’s considered an outcast by the entire Shadow World.

Once arriving home, Racquel finds that greater evils exist and that the person she cares for most in this world, her half-sister Addie, has been kidnapped along with other Shadow World beings. Racquel finds herself facing horrible odds with those who would rather see her dead than alive.

As her journey continues, Racquel learns more about herself, what she is capable of, and that not every being looks at her as an abomination. Coy, a human captive that Racquel saves from the Vampires, starts showing kindness toward her. Racquel tries putting distance between her and the human boy but as they spend more time together it becomes harder and harder for Racquel to fight the affection she wants and needs.

But will Coy’s friendship and her new found discoveries be enough to help Racquel unravel the strangest mystery that has ever plagued the Shadow World?



This Review is From March 18, 2013
 
Okay so let me start by saying that most ebooks have loads of typos and I'm tired of reading book reviews that have a bad rating due to typos.
That being said. I love the world created here by Brandy Nacole. I love the Shadow World full of witches, fairies, vampire, lycan and shapeshifters.

I am truly in love with this cast of characters and we meet them in great detail.
Racquel is strong and proud but wounded and guarded but ready to take on whatever she has to to save her sister Addie.

I just want to say thank you to Brandy Nacole for giving my imagination what it craves!

Can't wait to read Book 2!





So I am just freaked that Dagna suggests it to be a good idea for Ethan to go with Racquel. I was thinking that's just waiting to blow up. But I love what starts to build between them and was relieved when Danika entered the picture. I was afraid Ethan and Racquel would end up together!
I like the intensity you can feel it's very tangible as you read about the discomfort every time each group of shadows interacts or speaks of their dislike or simply revulsion for one another. It conveys to me the changes that need to be made in the Shadow society.

By the time I get to Chapter 24 I've chipped at my nail polish! And man oh man I just knew it was him..... how gut wrenching!
By the time I'm done I'm stunned! Wow just wow!!
And Micah aaah poor Coy. And oh how I hope Danika and Ethan can end up together!
I CANNOT wait for the next book!
I could go on and on about what I love and what has made me a Brandy Nacole fan but I will stop there







 Book 2
 



Book 3
 
 
 
 
 
 
Brandy Nacole resides in Arkansas where her imagination runs wild. Her obsession is reading but her passion is writing. She put her dream of becoming a writer on the back burner and went to college to become a psychologist. Three years after endless classes in a field she only felt half satisfied with, Brandy picked up her pen once again and wrote the outline to Uniquely Unwelcome. She finished out her degree in psychology, but traded her dream of writing for the degree and put psychology on the back burner.

Whenever she’s not reading or writing, Brandy is spending time with her family and friends, throwing around crazy ideas, teaching , and singing like a rock star at a concert for no one else but herself. She loves plants, but unfortunately is a killer of anything that requires water but can’t voice (scream) their needs.
 

 
 
Connect:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment