Thursday, December 12, 2013

Theatrical Thursday #2

 
Welcome to
Theatrical Thursday
 
This is a meme hosted by Shayna Varadeaux Books & Reviews where you take a break from the bookie post you are used to and review a movie instead.

The Rules are simple. The movie must be something you have recently watched unless there is a theme and make sure you add some sort of link to the movie trailer.
If it is a new movie do not post spoilers unless you make it clear that there are spoilers in your review.
If there's a book that the movie was adapted from highlight that as well.
Have fun and hopefully along the way we can do some giveaways!
Get to know what your other bookies are watching and share your thoughts. The author blogger community is a busy bunch but I think everyone should make time for movies.

If you are interested in this meme let me know in the comments below so I can do it proper! Thank you! And if you are interested in co-hosting with me that would be awesome! email me on the sidebar.

Note: In the future and if it were to become a meme we would post earlier in the day for sure!


I picked P.S. I Love You since I watched it this morning. I had loads of things to do but I got sucked in by it!



 
 

Holly and Gerry are married and they are deeply in love, but they fight occasionally. Gerry suddenly dies of a brain tumor and Holly realizes how much he means to her as well as how insignificant their arguments were.
Deeply distraught, Holly withdraws from her family and friends until they descend upon her on her 30th birthday. They are determined to prod the young widow to face the future and explore what her life choices should be. As they rally around Holly and help organize her apartment, a cake is delivered, and with it is a message from Gerry. It proves to be the first of several meaningful messages — all ending with "P.S. I Love You" — which he had arranged to have delivered to her after his death. As the seasons pass, each new message fills her with encouragement and sends her on a new adventure. Holly's mother believes that Gerry's letters are keeping Holly tied to the past. But they are, in fact, pushing her into the future. With Gerry's words as her guide, Holly slowly embarks on a journey of rediscovery.






My Thoughts

There are so many things I love about this movie. It starts awesome and then we are sad, sad, sad. But the way Gerry helps his widow Holly grieve and move on is absolutely amazing. The very fact that he did so much ahead of his passing tells of the extent of his love.

I love an amazing love story with depth and this is definitely one of those movies! Hillary Swank is great in this and Gerard Butler is awesome too. Of course!
Kathy Bates plays mom very well and Harry Connick Jr. is a loveable awkward guy in this. One of my favorite parts is when she goes to Ireland that and when Gerry has his jacket sent to her. All in all it is one of my very favorite movies of all times and one I got my husband to watch with me when it came out and he loved it.


What do you think of P.S. I Love You? Share your thoughts or just a recent movie you have seen and what you thought in the comments below.



Happy Movie Watching & As Always...
Happy Reading!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment