Tuesday, February 11, 2014

REVIEW - The Secret of Ella & Micha by Jessica Sorensen

    
Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.

Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home.

Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. If Micha tries to tempt the old her back, she knows that it will be hard to resist.

Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he’s determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes.


(New Adult Contemporary)
*Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language.
 
 


I purchased this book for my Kindle.
 
To say this was a good book doesn't seem like I'm saying enough about it. Ella is at school, prim and proper and really girly.
It's summer break, she and her roommate Lila are traveling together to their homes.
Ella gets a phone call from a number she hasn't seen in ages while they're packing. Though she doesn't answer she knows exactly who it is, the same guy that stars in her drawings.

Micha is beside himself. For the past 8 months he's been searching for Ella, his best friend and maybe more.

They've know each other since they were little and they grew up as best friends and next door neighbors.

Each of them carries baggage that makes everything complicated. Ella and Mocha reunite and sparks fly but Ella can't decide if she can truly open up. Micha has his own issues but all he wants is Ella. They have big decisions to make and real growing up to do.

I love the storyline, it has substance and depth that don't always accompany a NA Contemporary Romance Novel.

Jessica Sorensen takes you into their lives and doesn't miss a detail. The characters are all easy to relate to and understand as well as love.

By the end of the book there are things that need dealing with but I have the next book so yay! LOL

I recommend the book and will be featuring all of this series on my blog.

It definitely gets five stars from me.
 
 
 
 

5 of 5 Hearts
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I’m the author of the Fallen Star Series, the Darkness Falls Series, the Death Collectors Series, and the New York Times and USA Today Best Seller, The Secret of Ella and Micha, a New Adult Contemporary novel.
I love writing and reading almost anything that is YA.I’m also an avid watcher of TV series The Vampire Diaries and of Modern Family. I absolutely love music. When I’m writing, 9 out of 10 times I have music blaring in the background. My list of favorite songs could go on and on, since I have a very broad taste in music. But a few of my favorite bands are Chevelle, Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, Brand New, Death Cab for Cutie, Flight 409, Nirvana, and I’m going to stop there or else I’ll keep going on forever."
 
 
 
Connect
 
 
 
 
 
 
HAPPY READING!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment