Monday, July 7, 2014

RELEASE DAY REVIEW - Carnival by K.B. Nelson



Title: Carnival
Author: K.B. Nelson
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Release Date: TODAY



Charlie should be packing her bags for college, but the life ahead of her isn’t one she’s certain she wants. Maybe that’s what led her to sleep with a perfect stranger at the county fair. Finding out he was a carnie was like winning the bonus round of the world’s worst game.

Blue grew up in the carnival, never staying anywhere long enough to call home. He never thought of himself as the type to seduce a local, let alone fall in love with one, but his impulsiveness got the better of him this time. He should go where the carnival takes him, but for the first time he’s not sure if he wants to follow.

When he makes the decision to stick around, Charlie eagerly follows him down the rabbit hole; into a world with no regard for consequences or regret. Most of all, he shows her that home isn’t a place, it’s a feeling they can create and share. For a price. Because the higher the roller coaster goes, the faster it all comes crashing down.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21453236





Oh. My. Gawd.

My heart just stopped. I have never and I mean ever had a read that I felt the need to get up and pace through. But this book shot me out of my seat and I paced like a mad woman! I am almost certain it was a sight to behold.

Kindle in one hand and alternating between tugging at my hair, tapping my thigh and biting my nails with the other. Wide eyes and gasps turning the heads of my family.

Seriously, I feel like I need to come down, crash hard and say hello to the book hangover that is so looming over me now.

K.B. Nelson just took my breath away and stole my fiction loving heart. I am fangirling like a crazy person as she has pretty much skyrocketed to the top ten in my favorite authors list. I am a bit beside myself and ever so eager as to when I can beg and plead, crawling if need be, for an ARC of book 2 when it becomes available.

This story... wow, just wow. There is so much substance to it that it will leave your head swimming. There is so much there so I am just gonna break it down for you. Sam Smith's Stay With Me was playing in my mind for parts of this read.

Let's start with just the cover of this book. Eye catching and beautiful isn't it? To me before reading it screamed MUST READ and the internal substance is no let down, it delivers. There is a real balance between Swoon Worthiness and Story Substance. I have a crazy feeling my dreams will be of carnival rides, blue eyes and maybe even gunshots...

Now onto the characters. This cast of characters has stolen my heart. I love the MC, Charlie is a girl who has no idea what she wants out of life. Ditching college to take care of her freshly divorced and thoroughly depressed mom seems like an excuse to find her own way to me. Since her father ditched her and her mom he holds a cold spot in Charlie's heart. Her bestest friend, Summer is not too happy that Charlie is ditching her but she is a good enough friend to be supportive no matter what. I love Summer and the entire circle of friends that surround Charlie including her hot country boy ex, Dylan. Then enter the guy who sorta steals the show with steely blue eyes that pierce Charlie's soul.

Blue, yes his name is Blue,(#TeamBlue #NACrushTourney15 HeeHee! There's my nomination for 2015!), Oh holy hello kitty, he is magnificent. Everything about him is fantastic even the gritty disturbing things. I was floored by so much in this read. It was... epic. I did worry about Charlie but she is a big girl and everyone makes choices right or wrong and she acknowledges and owns them all. I think that may be a part of why I love her as an MC so much.

The storyline. This story moves at a great pace and believe me when I say that you need to take time out from everything and make time to read because you are not going to want to put this one down.

The plot is great, girl meets boy, boy is hot, sparks fly, fireworks. Um yeah some thing like that. Add mystery, love, danger, friendship, craziness, tragedy, action and a maniac and voila, an AMAZING read! The plot twists are heart stopping and will bring you to the edge and back again.

Would I read this again? You bet your sweet patootie I would! Five stars isn't enough but hell if it's not all there is to give!

If you read NA, you NEED to read this book! I promise you that it will not in any way disappoint!

I received an ARC of Carnival from NetGalley and reviewed for YA & NA Fanatics and the author on Goodreads.















5 of 5 stars







http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0692025111/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0692025111&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2

Just 99 cents!!!!
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/carnival-kb-nelson/1119883022?ean=9781501493089








 K.B. Nelson

I grew up on a farm in Ohio, but that’s not very interesting, is it? When I’m not writing you can find me doing one of two things; getting lost on highways or getting lost in the lives of fictional characters. If my heart had two feet, one foot would be in romance and the other solidly in geekdom. I hope you’ll all follow me on my journey through this carnival they call life. I promise there will be a happy ending.
You can read nine more things about me here

Twitter
Goodreads
Website
Facebook






Press and follow the link to Enter to Win a Signed Paperback of carnival on Goodreads!!
https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/87860






This counts towards my #RPRC2014


2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge

hosted by


&







No comments:

Post a Comment