Monday, November 18, 2013

- REVIEW - Endless by Amanda Gray -

IN A RACE AGAINST TIME, HOW DO YOU KEEP THOSE YOU LOVE SAFE?

Jenny Kramer knows she isn’t normal. After all, not everybody can see the past lives of people around them. When she befriends Ben Daulton, resident new boy, the pair stumbles on an old music box with instructions for “mesmerization” and discover they may have more in common than they thought.

Like a past life.

Using the instructions in the music box, Ben and Jenny share a dream that transports them to Romanov Russia and leads them to believe they have been there together before. But they weren’t alone. Nikolai, the mysterious young man Jenny has been seeing in her own dreams was there, too. When Nikolai appears next door, Jenny is forced to acknowledge that he has traveled through time and space to find her. Doing so means he has defied the laws of time, and the Order, an ominous organization tasked with keeping people in the correct time, is determined to send him back. While Ben, Jenny and Nikolai race against the clock — and the Order — the trio discovers a link that joins them in life — and beyond death.
 

 
Jenny is a girl who's generally misunderstood. She is different and she knows it. One night at a party she reluctantly takes part in some Ouija board action but what happens catches everyone off guard.
 I immediately am taken in by Jen and then Nikolai and of course Ben. I like the dynamic of the relationship build with each individual person in the story.
This story is really good and it takes you on a mysterious journey that merges past and present in a unique way as far as books I have read. With great characters and a great plot it makes for a decidedly  enjoyable read.
 
Jenny has a lot to figure out and I loved being along for the crazy ride that was her life! Nikolai's input was awesome I must say. And him as a brooding love driven I will do anything for you type of guy was great.
Nikolai was so elusive there really was no guessing what was going to happen concerning him. I like that it wasn't exactly predictable. Everything happened at a good pace.
 
I love that Jen is an artist and the slightly creepy factor brought on by the occurrences. When the guy shows up in all her show pieces, that was eerily awesome. And well I can't talk too much about it without spoiling it and I just don't want to do that with this one.
 
Ben, what can I say, at times his role in everything ripped my heart out. Everything he had to endure... dang.
 
One thing this story has a lot of is intrigue. I love a great mystery and this book has it for sure. It reminds me of some of my favorite classic movies, spending the whole time trying to find out the truth while the characters try to as well. It kept me engaged and interested all along the way.
It was an emotional read too, I felt happy sad, intrigued, bewildered, confused, and anxious. I was even choked up at times.
 
I liked the romanticized Romanov and the Clock Maker's son. I like the relationship between Jen and her father too. And the Order, oh man a crazy bunch of "greater good" enforcers and it made for a well rounded dramatic plot.
 
But here's the big question...
 
Are you Team Ben or Team Nikolai?
 
If it were a movie it would be a mind bender with a love story that spans the tests of time. Beautiful!
 
This book was definitely a good YA read and I do recommend it!
 
 
Quotes I love...
 
"There are all kinds of unexplainable things in the world - ghosts, psychics, those knives on the Home Shopping Network that can cut through anything. Why not time travel." - Tiffany
 
"I feel like everything before was a dream. Like I was missing a part of myself and didn't even know it." - Jenny
 
 
 
 
 



 

 
 

 
 


 
 
 
Publisher Links:
 

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment