Monday, December 9, 2013

Musing Mondays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
 
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
 
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it! 
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
 



So I am musing today about some amazing finds!
I bought myself some books and I bought my uncle some as well and at a crazy price at  resale shops!
 
 
I recently went home for Thanksgiving and the Habitat for Humanity Resale shop was my first stop even though I had no desire to go after consuming the tryptophan filled turkey. I found a  huge array of the suspense novels he loves and huge hardbacks at that! They were, get this, fifty cents a book!! I was shocked so I went through each shelf and found these.

PLUS ONE AMAZING FIND for myself! $5 for the whole haul!


My uncle hates paying high prices and refuses to actually so when I came back with these and shared the price he was ecstatic! And no your eyes do not deceive you that book on the bottom is indeed The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson! I nearly had a heart attack when I saw it's silvery glint. It's in amazing condition and a hardback too! A $27.95 book for 50cents! Needless to say I was happy! I have been wanting to get Stieg Larsson's books and even though it's book three it will make acquiring the collection an easier buy for me.



 
 
The next stop was recently in my quaint little town here in Central Texas. There are resale shops a plenty in the small downtown that I absolutely love. Coming from a big city like Houston, Texas I really do enjoy the sights around here.
 
 
Here is the next batch which was totally for me I got them all for under $5!
 
I cannot believe I got THE HUNGER GAMES for $1 and it's a hardback!!!!! I was so super excited for this one! I have been dying to read the series but haven't yet! EEEEP! LOL okay wooo saa!
 
 
 
by Rebecca Wells
 
by Philip Pullman
 
by Eoin Colfer
 
by Stephanie Meyer
(I own book 3 & 4 when I read them the first two were borrowed!)
 
by Eva Ibbotson
 
by Suzanne Collins
 
by Helen Fielding
 
 
 
Okay so that is all for this Monday! I am not sure if this will be an every week thing or when I don't have a scheduled post. We shall see!
 
As usual
Happy Reading!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment