Thursday, December 5, 2013

Four Days Of Forever Fae - Day 3

 
https://www.goodreads.com/series/96196-forever-fae
 
 
 
The Land of the Fae is strong with all four courts banded as one, but uncertainty still remains as they all work together to end the dark sorcerer’s evil reign. Sorcha—the one and only Winter Court princess—has a secret, a secret that she has enjoyed keeping for the past six months. When a much awaited announcement brings her to the Spring Court, and face to face with the man in her dreams, will she be strong enough to keep up the façade of her icy exterior, or will she melt into his arms like she does in her dreams?

After formally meeting Sorcha at the Winter Ball, Drake—Summer Court prince and army leader—knew there was a fiery passion underneath her winter skin, a passion he wanted desperately to ignite with his own. However, with her frigid responses toward him he’s decided to keep his distance, except how can he when his dreams feel real? Seeing her again only ignites his interest, and this time he’s not going to let his arrogance or her frosty heart stand in his way.

Through unexpected tragedy, Sorcha discovers the one thing the dark sorcerer has spent his whole existence trying to protect, but what makes it more difficult is that only one of the Four is strong enough to retrieve it. The tides have now changed. With Drake’s help, will Sorcha find what she’s searching for? Or will the dark sorcerer beat them to it, shattering all hope of finding out the one thing that could save the Land of the Fae … how to destroy him?




 

Summer of Frost ushers in the third of the four whom Alasdair the evil sorcerer must take power from to take over the Fae lands. He is the last of his kind and has hidden away the scrolls containing the only way to kill him.

Calista and Ryder are thriving in the Fall Court and Meliantha and Kalen are as well in the Spring Court as we catch up with the Winter Court's Princess Sorcha. In the last book at the Solstice Ball she had a moment and Meliantha had seen it. But in light of all that happened nothing further was said about it but I was hoping her story and the connection would come up sooner rater than later.

That is precisely where the story begins. The odd connection that they shared is where we begin.

Sorcha is at the ball with her consort, Alston when she feels a pull so strong she has trouble concentrating on those around her. She tries to find the source of it and keep her conversation going. Her consort has grown to clingy for her liking and she is in need of a change and it has begun, whether she was ready or not, he is directly behind her just as drawn to her as she is to him, Drake, Prince of the Summer Court.

We jump forward and follow Drake who actually has ,merit for his name, Drake which stems from Draco which means Dragon, which he awesomely changes into, opening up a new intrigue to these books as far as I am concerned.
I love that he thinks constantly about Sorcha and she has been a naughty girl using her dream walking abilities to pull him into a very real dream every night although he has no clue it's real.
She has separated herself from the possessive, Alston and he has been furious about but finds a way back around her by becoming part of her best friend's security detail. (Sneaky, bastard!)

Melianthia has her little ones, Kale and Lia, and they have red hair like Mel and Drake and King Oberon. I like the whole big family thing, alot. I like that ll of the books are a new but ongoing story. I also like that Ryder (Team Ryder! :) hehe) and Calista, Mel and Kalen (swoon) are al in the book. Such a plethora of characters that I really love.

I like the new bunch, getting to know Drake and Sorcha as well as getting to know Ariella  and Brayden too. I revel in the story and then dread when the inevitable chaos inducing Alasdair will show up.
It's a joyous time when Sorcha and Drake finally get a chance to see each other in the physical.

I certainly enjoyed the frequent brutal exchange between Sorcha and Drake, and I was almost as frustrated as they were too!
After visiting in the Spring court all hell breaks loose and Sorcha is saved by Drake and had to be put to sleep because her guardian Oren was unreachable but I had a a bad feeling about Sarette and Alston. I was on edge for the rest of the read and it in no way let up!
Through new discoveries and scrolls and close calls it was EPIC! I am a huge L.P. Dover fan now for sure. Just when I thought the books couldn't get any better, another notch!! Wow!

I am emotionally being torn up by these books and loving it. They are Fantasy Romance as far as I am concerned with all the overheated moments.

Again I am ecstatic at having Reign of Ice in my possession at the conclusion of this book.




 

 

5 of 5 Hearts
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I am an avid reader that loves my collection of books. Writing has always been a passion of mine and now I am glad that I get to share my passion with the world. I live in North Carolina and I absolutely love being a southern girl. I spent several years in college starting out with a major in Psychology and then switching to dental. I worked in the dental field for eight years and then decided to stay home with my two beautiful girls. I spent the beginning of my reading years reading suspense thrillers, but now I can't get away from the paranormal/fantasy books. I knew ever since then that if I wrote anything it would be in a paranormal aspect. Now that I have started on my passion and began writing, you will not see me go anywhere without a notebook and pen.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Connect
 
 
 
 
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment