Friday, July 11, 2014

DOUBLE REVIEW - Freedom by S.A. Wolfe - Fearsome by S.A. Wolfe

First Things First

I want to thank Giselle Cormier from Xpresso Book Tours for bearing with me through my Freedom tour date. I was supposed to post my reviews then but was instead dealing with a loss in our family. So thanks to you and the author for your patience! 



Now without further ado on to the reviews!!




Book 2
*This is a stand-alone sequel to Fearsome. No cliffhanger!

Dylan Blackard is back in town and certain everyone knows his secrets.

Putting away his notorious reputation as the wild guy with a womanizing past, he’s now on a new path, wanting to be the good guy his brother can stop worrying over. As long as he gives up his old vices—including women—he can keep himself on the straight and narrow and finally live up to everyone’s expectations.

However, obsessing about his lack of self-control is making Dylan one humorless, cranky hermit. That all changes, though, when his brother hires a new employee, the stunning Emma Keller, who will be sharing an office with him and all of his tightly wound nerves.

Emma, a spunky young woman from New Jersey, isn’t about to feel sorry for Dylan and his situation. She is beyond distracting to him, and that is enough to turn his emotional balancing act upside down. Not only is she intelligent, and a smart aleck, she's also very determined to pull the sexy Dylan Blackard out of his self-imposed isolation.

From the moment he meets her, he feels alive again, but Emma doesn’t come as a gift with a pretty bow; she comes with major baggage—a family embedded in its own tumultuous history.

Will Emma be the tipping point that causes Dylan to regress into his past destructive behaviors…or will he actually pursue her for keeps?

*Due to adult language and sexual content, this New Adult Contemporary Romance is intended for readers over the age of 18
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20828093-freedom








Yes! I love, love this book!

I was not Dylan's biggest fan in Fearsome. I had my doubts about him but he was a great character but he was not what kept me reading or made me want to read this story. Dylan Blackard is troubled with a capital T. Emma is out to escape her past, both have their share of demons looming behind them. I really liked the side of Dylan we got to see in this book! That is way better and I love that we get a look inside his struggle with his bipolar disorder.

I absolutely love Emma's character! She totally took the cake on female leads for me. The no nonsense, don't mess with me or I will cut you vibe was awesome! She was a kick a** female lead!

I love the whole mobster vibe that gets touched on in it and I love Sean accent! Hehe! Some of this book was way gritty but so worth the read. There was a rough yet tender feel with Dylan and Emma and I felt privileged to be a witness to all of it. I would definitely read it again! The swoonability factor is way, way up there! Have mercy, yup I am still #TeamCarson but Dylan Blackard... wow, not bad at all... He didn't move me to his team but he definitely won me over. I love the rawness of his emotions and I think that he is a great, great guy to swoon over.

I like alot about these books including the cast. The town and visits to city were great too. I adore Blackard Designs and love the world created by the author. I could read any story that branches into any of the characters lives!!

I am hoping that Imogen gets her story told and maybe Cooper is a part of it! We shall see!

If you love NA and want to read a hot, steamy yet intriguing book this is most definitely the book for you!!









4 of 5








 Book 1 
Jessica Channing’s big city life should be more exciting than sixty-hour work weeks and popcorn nights with her girlfriends, but it’s not. She has worked hard fulfilling her role as a child prodigy and graduating college years before her peers. She’s the good girl, the brilliant girl.

Unfortunately, she’s also the dateless young woman.

That all changes with one phone call. Jess’s rigid, predictable life upends when she must visit a small, obscure town to deal with a relative’s death. This isn’t just any little speck of a town, though. Long lost memories come crashing down on Jess’s world when two men, the Blackard brothers, seem to lure her in.

Dylan is cover model handsome, and pursues Jess the minute she comes to town. Then there is tall, dark and gorgeous Carson, who hides his own secrets behind his hardened reserve.

For someone who has been governed by her own obsessive behaviors and fears, Jess lets her guard down and jumps at the opportunity to have an affair with a man she actually finds attractive for a change.

There’s just one problem. Jess discovers that she can’t have a simple romantic fling because true passion does indeed come with some very big strings attached to it. She will have to own up to her own truths about love and face the two extraordinary men; both troubled in their own ways and both determined to have her.

*Due to adult language and sexual content, this New Adult Contemporary Romance is intended for readers over the age of 18



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18461247-fearsome









 Oh, where to begin?? This book... I wanted to hate it when I saw the whole "brothers" thing but nooo, ah-ah. I loved every freaking minute of it! This one is super duper high in my favorites read in 2014.

The plot kept me intrigued, the MC kept me laughing, frustrated and engaged. The supporting cast made me love everything about it. Jess is a brave yet timid, crazy smart and overwhelmingly confused individual. I didn't feel like I was reading the twenty something that she is. It felt more like a thirty something but it was great.

The plot. Dead Aunt leaves everything to city girl, check. City girl meets small town, check. Small town guys go ga-ga for city girl, check and check! That in itself is pure entertainment, seriously.
Was that enough for S.A. Wolfe? Nope. The author takes it a step further infusing our MC with intelligence and beauty with just the proper amount of naivety and vulnerability. I love the whole techie edge to Jess. I also love the layers to the story and the town. The guys were just fabulous and their characters had a lot of depth to them as well.

And oh holy crow them Blackards! Have mercy with a heaping helping of a hallelujah chorus! Dylan was a great character though I never fancied him all that much. From the second Jess saw Carson, (Oh my hawtness! Those eyes, those abs, that... oh nevermind! Just seriously ladies read this book!), that was it, he was the one I was intrigued about.

I love the whole earthy furniture sort of thing and the details of their business. Love, love that. I also like that we deal with some mental health issues in this read. While some parts of that were slightly terrifying I can't say I didn't enjoy every page turning moment.

This is a story about life, loss, hurt, love and everything in between. The swoon factor is way up there and it has a gritty edge to it as well. I really like the writing and how everything comes together. I have a ton of favorite quotes and was shocked by the final chapter but there's no cliffhanger so yay! LOL!

Jessica Channing is one of my favorite female MC's in a long while! Did I want to reach in my Kindle and smack her a few times? Why yes, yes I did! I enjoyed her self discovery and how it came about too! I love that she's a braniac and an artist! I cannot wait to read more from S.A. Wolfe!








5 of 5








LINKS FOR FREEDOM

http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Fearsome-S-Wolfe-ebook/dp/B00JD02UUQ
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/freedom-s-a-wolfe/1119045277
LINKS FOR FEARSOME

http://www.amazon.com/Fearsome-S-Wolfe-ebook/dp/B00FHN63I8
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fearsome-s-a-wolfe/1117036774









S. A. Wolfe lives with her very loud, opinionated children and husband in New York City. She is a voracious reader and passionate about writing, and sometimes she simply stares at a blank wall and calls it "writing." Most of the time, she loves hanging out with friends and family and walking around the city pretending she's a tourist. 


CONNECT










Review copy of Freedom provided by the amazing Giselle of
http://www.xpressobooktours.com/








This counts towards my #RPRC2014
(June Reads)


2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge

hosted by


&











No comments:

Post a Comment